Monday, January 21, 2008

Artistic perspective draft

Art is something that everyone sees everyday but yet no one pays much attention to it. I have gotten a lot ideas about the meaning of life from reading both religious and philosophical texts. Art is an entertainment that can both benefit and brainwash the person who both uses it and creates it. As I look back, it is actually art, which has affected my sense of the meaning of life the most. Using the story Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption as my primary text I am going to analyze the power art has and it’s affect on my sense of the meaning of life.
In shawshank redemption, man named Andy, who was accused of murdering his wife and her golf instructor due to jealousy, and was sentenced to jail escape around 30 years later. The story was told from the perspective of a man named Red, a fellow prisoner of Andy who had become friends with Andy over their years together in jail.

Add more about story
Add thing about the rocks
Add thing about absurd hero

No comments: